Changes in version 0.9.0
Note: version 0.9.0 has not been released yet, but this changes are already present in
Added support for applications for Application Service Providers (ASP):
A single running applications
can service several companies/organizations and each may have its own configuration
of the application
Added support for properties of type list of classes: to get its
value use the method getClassesArray of ComponentConfiguration
Improved support for converting properties to other objects: For example
now it can be converted to a
to support properties of the following types: color, URL, locale, Calendar and lists and
array of any of these types
Added preliminary support for retrieving properties from JNDI and a database (through
a Datasource). This support is still under testing to fine tune cache issues.
Migrated to Jakarta Commons Configuration 1.1: which has made possible some of the
Added minimal JMX-support for managing a component's properties through a MBean.
- The class ConfReader was renamed as EasyConf. Because of this
change this release is not binary compatible with previous version. You should
change it in your source code and recompile.
- Changed the way to obtain a subset of the properties of type java.util.Properties
Previously the getProperties(String key) method of ComponentProperties
was used. Now this method no longer exists, but the functionality is still available.
First obtain a subset of the properties using the method
subset(key). And then convert the subset to java.util.Properties
using the getProperties() method.
This is the first version which incorporates additions and changes based on
feedback from the users. The most relevant changes are:
- New format to represent property selectors. Now instead of
property:selector1.selector2 you should write
property[selector1][selector2]. The old convention
was considered confusing for some users and didn't make so clear
that selectors are optional. For more information
check the section on filters
of the user manual.
- Improved support for system properties. Now system properties can
have the name of the component which contain the property as a prefix
if its intent is to override its value. If the prefix is not used
the system property will only be considered if the name is not
the same as one of an existing property. For more information
check the section on system
properties of the user manual.
- A new taglib to access the configuration object from JSPs. For more information
check the section on J2EE taglibs
of the user manual.
- Included the taglib tld in easyconf.jar (inside the tld directory). Now
this tld is generated using xdoclet
- Conversion of the properties of a component configuration to a DynaBean
- Much more documentation
- The base properties file was mandatory if when reading the
1152885: Exception not thrown when base file is missing
- First public release under the Apache License
- Support for filters
- Support for system properties
- Improved support for multiple environments